Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Can you smell that smell?

YAY hockey starts for really for reals tomorrow! :)

I'm ready. It's been a really long offseason without even the gift of a team that I enjoy winning the Cup this year. Blah blah.. but on Saturday, the Sabres get to start all over again!

I've got all sorts of frippery floating around in my head, like some start-of-season rituals I used to have such as wearing a jersey to school on opening day (no matter how hot it was outside, and we had some really warm days LOL) or poring over schedules and opening night rosters until I had them memorized.. but this year is much calmer. I may wear my Devils shirt tomorrow for the heck of it, and I did read some predictions in The Hockey News from a few weeks ago (I've got 2 back issues I need to catch up on) but it will be low key. I may be at Saturday's game, and if I'm not actually there, then you know I'll be watching. WOOOHOO! Real, live hockey is (almost) back!

Let us rejoice!

No comments: