Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'll say it

I'm kind of relieved that the Canucks didn't win. Part of me wanted them to win (and a larger part of me wanted the Bruins to LOSE) but another part of me was slightly vindicated.

If *my* Canucks couldn't get it done in 1994, then it's kind of okay that *these* Canucks couldn't get it done in 2011.

And now it's all back to square one. We will start over in October and the Sabres will have as much of a chance as anyone (and the Canucks will still be with us in our lonely 41-seasons and NO Stanley Cups exile).

But first there's the NHL Awards (and it still bothers me that they are in hockey-less Las Vegas), the Draft and Free Agency. (And in Pegula-ville, that might actually mean something!)

I still don't like Chara or Tim Thomas (but I'd take his stats any day of the week) or any of those bums on the Bruins, and I do still like Kesler, Bieksa, and the Canucks (though not Lulu and his seriously strugglin stats- WTF dude?) but in reality, the Sabres are my number one team, and I will be much happier having them to cheer for again in just 3.5 more months..

:)

No comments: