Friday, November 27, 2009

something strange is going on

I'm attempting a live blog for the first time in a long time, we'll see how it goes.

This is a really bizarre game time. A lot of the games today are at odd times. I know it's the day after Thanksgiving and all but it's a Friday. Weird.

I know I've said this before but I really dislike the Flyers' uniforms. The colors are just garish and the way that the names look pasted on.. it is old and strugglin lookin. Not a fan of them at the best of times, and this throwback look makes me want to hurl- and possibly gouge my eyeballs out.

I am a little cranky today so if the Sabres start playing like crap, it's going to get ugly. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving day with my fam- my parents, brother and one of my sisters made the trek and I have tons of things to be very thankful for. However, I am currently having hideous menstrual cramps and still suffering from what I call the 'food hangover' of Thanksgiving, this feeling huge and hurting, bad combo.

But if the Sabres decide to play well (for once) and actually WIN while I'm watching, that will make me feel better! *hint, hint*

So far I haven't commented on the game at all. That's not a good sign. Even though I've got the game on, I've been typing this and answering endless questions from the nephew (not that I mind too much, I think it's adorable that he likes hockey so much) but it's a bit distracting. I need to focus.

GOOD EFFORT, STAFFY! A nice end to end rush with Timmy and some hustle by Drew results in the Sabres first goal. :) THAT is what we need to see, hustle, initiative, and a good heads-up play. Please, sir, may I have some more?

I missed the whole Kaleta/Ross incident (was folding laundry) but I would appreciate some input about the whole deal if anybody wants to enlighten me.

I'm bothered by the fact that for some reason either my TV or the feed is declining to show me the score and time and all that. Oh wow, it just came back.

WHOAAAAA wait a minute. HOW was that a 2 minute roughing call when Richards (even if it was unintentional ) got his STICK up in Myers' face? Yeesh. And now Laperriere got whacked in the face with the puck. Man oh man.

It still feels weird to be watching hockey in the middle of the day.

Roy, when you try to run through 3 guys with the puck, it's usually not going to work. Just a note. What kind of messed up power play is this, Sabres? YOU have an extra man... did you fail to notice this? Oh, look- power play is over. Not like it mattered too much to the Sabres.

WHAT THE? Helloooo Sabres, how did you let Richards be alone in front of your net? I only could see 1 d-man on that play, and it was Montador, he was covering Carter.. who was (supposed to be) on Richards? Hmm I think it should have been Butler. Oops.

OH NO OH NO OH NO WHAT?????? How did the Flyers just score again? EWWWWWWW NO! (oh and btw, RJ, it bounced off Timmy Connolly, not Tallinder or Myers) That was a knuclepuck if I've ever seen one!

---intermission---

Awwwww Goose loooked so uncomfortable while his Dad was talking..
Royzie, what is up with that hat? LOL
Lindy also looks awkward to have his Dad talking about him.
Montador looked a bit like Royzie there, not sure what was up with that.. I've never though that before. I love his hair though, just gotta say. /fangirl
The boys are cute, they seem like they must be modest young men.
YAY thank you Sabres for FINALLY giving us a little something of the boys off the ice. I like seeing all of their dads- I hope they post that video online.. so I can re-watch it and analyze it. Hahaha

It's snowing. Like raining snow. This happens often where I live, but this is only the 2nd time it's snowed this year. I'm not one of those people who hates snow- I like it! So, it's about time. :)
---back to the game--

And, we're back! Rivet and Carcillo do a little dance (make a little love, get down tonight) and that wasn't terribly exciting. I'm a little scared of Carcillo- he's kind of a beast so I'm glad Rivet was able to live through it.

Gee guys, really? Way to negate a power play. (not like we can do anything with it anyway) Holding the Stick is just one of many hockey phrases that sound dirty. (yes, I'm 10 years old)

WOOOOOT The Sabres finally remembered that power plays mean they have ONE MORE GUY on the ice than the other team does.. and used it! Good job Goose! I mean HONK HONK HONK!

Wow, Butler is one of 2 players in the NHL born in Missouri? What an interesting stat.

Oh my, what a commotion- Rivet and Carcillo pt. 2. That was a bit more spirited... and I love how Carcillo flew over for the fight. It was a little wild.

I missed the end of the 2nd period because the little guy and I went outside to catch snowflakes for a while. But the score is still 2-2 so that's good.

---- Intermission Part 2-------
More chatting with the Papas. :) WOW Ryan Miller looks like his Dad in a serious way. I think I've noticed that before but man.. that is bustin.

I find it interesting that the Supercuts commercials only show men. Do they really think that men are the only people watching hockey? C'mon.

Goose has 6 goals for the season? Good for him. Some people (Derek Roy, I'm looking at YOU!) need to step it up..

----3rd period----
What is with the officiating today? That was obviously a high stick on Kennedy and yet no call? The Flyers guy (didn't get his name) WENT TO THE BOX. he knows he did it.. yet they can't call it? LAME.

Wow Laperriere is a hard core dude. I remember him from when I first started watching hockey. I mean, really- take a puck the mouth, go away for a while, come back with however many stitches and less 4 teeth.. and keep playing? WOW.

WOOOO Connolly- "Top Shelf where mama hides the cookies!" GOOOOOD JOB! And WOW, that was s siiiick pass by MacArthur-- 3-2 Sabres! (now, please remember how to play hockey for a while, guys.)

Harry Neal- must you always talk about how the Sabres haven't allowed a PP goal- IN THE MIDDLE of a power play? That is asking for the Flyers to score! C'mon dude, don't you understand the power of hockey superstitions? Yeesh, man!

How unnatural is Derek Roy in that stupid Celino and Barnes commercial? I mean, it's awesome that he's donating money (if he ever scores another goal) but he is a terrible actor and he can't even say 'hello I'm Derek Roy' and sound like he means it. Pathetic.. but at least it makes me laugh.

WOOOOOO Wait a second- now it's 4-2.. that line of Connolly, Stafford and MacArthur is just ON FIRE today! I like it I like it!

Um, really? The tripping call on Butler was WEAK. He was going for the puck- had the puck ON his stick, and the Flyer just ran into his stick. Once again, that is a weak call. It ended up not being a big deal as the Sabres killed that penalty, but I am not impressed.

I know why I don't do this more often.. these get long because I always find that I have more to say than I thought I did.

What happened to Goose? Why is he broken?

oooh RJ, you made my day by saying 'A little too much mustard on that one'. I love that phrase so much! :)

Oh no! Poor Rivet.. he's been so solid this game and now he goes down awkwardly into the boards. It looks like he jammed his leg/knee/something. Whatever it is, it's NOT GOOD. :(

ANd those bastards in Philadelphia frickin BOOED him! I've heard that they do that.. but I've never noticed firsthand. What a lack of class. I mean seriously that is just disgusting. Regardless of your team affiliation, they are HUMAN beings and when you see someone get hurt, you shouldn't boo him as he leaves the ice. That is just Low. I am sickened.

C'mon Ryan Miller! He has been pretty ON today, just a little over a minute left, baby.

Dude, when they showed the guys on the bench during the timeout, Mairsy looked like he was gonna kill someone with his eyes. And, just for the record, Scott Hartnell has HIDEOUS hair!

Alrighty, the Sabres won! AND (more importantly) they played a good game. Great job, guys!

No comments: