Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I've been savin it

I met Tim Connolly!


I wanted this to be its own post.. but check it, guys and gals:

Pretty cool, eh?

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..

..
..




..

Now it looks like one of those stupid chain letter e-mails. Haha. No peeking!

In all seriousness, I did not meet THE Tim Connolly, or even someone of that name, though the fella in the pic, whose name is Mike, btw, looks an awful lot like our buddy Timmy. Photobucket (refresher pic)

Mike is friends with my friend Bryan and was at our church's dinner dance on Saturday night. I couldn't help but notice he looked like Tim, and I pointed it out.. He said he gets that a lot. Once, he was at a bar and was upstairs (I take it there was sort of a balcony thing going on, you could see the 2nd floor from the ground floor) Ryan Miller and some other Sabres- he can't remember all of them, thinks Pommer was one, walked in. Mike was there with his friends. The next thing he knew the bartender was giving him a drink. Mike says- 'who is this from?' the guy responds that it's from 'your friends..' Mike looks at his buddies, no one did it. Bartender says- 'Your friends the Sabres, downstairs.' So Mike goes down and walks up to Miller, says "thanks for the drink, buddy." Ryan is like.. uh do I know you? Mike tells him that Miller bought him a drink, and he was upstairs. To which Ryan Miller replies "We thought you were Tim!" Hahaha great story and I could totally see it.

So that's an amusing Sabres bit for today, as well as this week's hockey SAB- my new friend Mike, and Timmay Connolly. (this is Tim's 3rd appearance as a hockey SAB, and I don't even like the guy all that much. Wow.)

No comments: