Friday, June 27, 2008

a little draft silliness- HeatherB style-

So the brilliant and talented Heather B made up a little draft profile for herself. It was cute and funny and I decided to copy her and make my own. Feel free to steal it and add one for yourself. :)


Yes, that really IS me, and no, it's not a doctored photo. It was one of my senior pictures, from 1999. You may now laugh. ;)
Sam
Right Wing
Shoots: Right
Born: Baton Rouge, LA, August 26, 1981
Hometown: Dayton, OH






Sam's favorite birthday present was a pair of hockey skates when she turned 15.

She has never played an organized sport. Ever.

Her first hockey game was March 17, 1995, at JOE LOUIS ARENA. She was wearing a Canucks jersey and cheering for Vancouver. The Red Wings won.

Likes to skate backwards but is more interested in goal-scoring.

Enjoys dipsy-doodling with the puck but isn't so good with the shooting, as she has zero accuracy.

Wears #10 in honor of her first and always hockey love- Pavel Bure: who, along with a boy her sister had a crush on- Lance Links- got her into hockey.

Used to amaze people with her mad gym floor hockey skillz.

Crowning moment of Basic Ice Hockey course in college was falling flat on her butt while doing her first line change over the boards. Still managed to get up and score a goal, after she stopped laughing.

If she could have dinner with any three people she would choose
Martin Broduer-he seems very articulate and funny;
Lord Stanley, Earl of Preston- why not? LOL
and....
Derek Roy. just because.
*Pavel is my favorite hockey player ever- followed by Royzie and Marty, but I couldn't ever talk to Pavel- I don't think I could handle it. I almost lost my mind when I watched him play hockey the first time. I'd probably turn into a little puddle of goo if I ever met him in real life. Marty and Royzie seem much more approachable.*

She likes many types of music but is proud to say she never fell for the New Kids on the Block hype. She did enjoy the Backstreet Boys for a short while, and 98 degrees as well. She even still listens to some of their music.

If she could be in any movie she'd be Princess Leia in The Empire Strikes Back. That is by far the best of the Star Wars movies.

FAVORITES

NHL TEAM: Buffalo Sabres- followed closely by the New Jersey Devils and the Detroit Red Wings with an ILOVEOHIO nod to the Columbus Blue Jackets
NHL PLAYER: Ever-Pavel Bure Current- Derek Roy/Martin Broduer
SHOOTOUT MOVE: spin-o-rama/wipeout in front of the goalie, then slide it in while he's laughing
PRACTICE DRILL: backwards crossovers- I like to look at them more than I like to do them.
VIDEO GAME: erm. Base Wars for the Nintendo. or Tetris.
MOVIE: The Breakfast Club, Miracle
TV SHOW: Shark
ACTOR: Harrison Ford
GROUP: Our Lady Peace
WEBSITE: all my homies and the long-departed Hockey Snacks
BOOK: The Ressurection of Captain Eternity
PUMP-UP SONG: "747"- Bluekarma, "Better Now"- Collective Soul
FOOD TO COOK: corn salsa, peanut butter pie, green bean cassarole
ACTIVITY AWAY FROM THE RINK: reading, cooking, eating
TOY GROWING UP: my siblings. LOL We made up the most insane games
PLACE TO SHOP: bookstores, hockey stores, thrift stores
PLACE TO VISIT: South Louisiana, can't beat the fam and the food!

And there ya have it. Would YOU draft me? LOL

That was fun! Now it's bedtime.

2 comments:

Heather B. said...

If she could be in any movie she'd be Princess Leia in The Empire Strikes Back. That is by far the best of the Star Wars movies.

Word. It's not even close.

Thanks, Sam! I've had a lot of fun reading other people's profiles so I'm glad you jumped in :-D

dani said...

OH YES, Sam! I would soooo draft you for my fake NHL team!

+5 for NU :P