Saturday, June 14, 2008

interesting

They are bringing an AHL team to Austin, called the Texas Stars, to begin play in the 09-10 season. That will be interesting. There are more professional hockey teams in Texas than any other state. Who knew? (well, I did but that's not the point.)

As a result, the Dallas Stars (who are overseeing the team as an affiliate) are hiring a boatload of people to run this new arena and team. They are planning well in advance here. Too bad none of it work I want/am qualified for.

Speaking of work I am qualified for and DO want, I applied for a job with the Albany River Rats and got a call last Monday that was very much like an interview. I'm hoping they actually call me for an interview because that would be grand. They are kinda leaving me hanging but I hope they are just slow. It's frustrating to wait. GRR.

Not much Sabre-news to report. I didn't watch the awards show but I heard it was pretty predictable. Woohoo for Marty winning the Vezina again. He only needs 14 wins to beat Patrick Wah for the most career wins. YAHOOO!
0
I already have a hockey SAB ready for next wednesday and it's very amusing. I can't wait to share it with my faithful readers. ;)

1 comment:

dani said...

Ohhh! Good luck with the job!