Monday, January 2, 2012

I caved

This may be the longest post ever.. (but does anyone even read my blog anyway?)

I said I didn't know if I was going to watch the Winter Classic.. but I was wrong.
I'm going to watch it, even though it's the 2 worst teams EVAR!
-Because it's hockey and I love hockey and I'm totally snowed in so there's nothing else to do today anyway.
-Because it reminds of watching the first one with my besties and having a HILARIOUS day inventing the "87" club!
-Because it reminds me of GOING to the Winter Classic in Chicago.
-Because I got a little choked up watching/listening to Jeremy Roenick talk about the alumni game.. it reminded me of when I first started watching hockey.

I almost cried during NBC's Olympic review thing.. what is wrong with me? (Oh I know.. hormones)
And maybe I missed it but I didn't see the "Do you believe in Miracles? YES!"... not sure how I missed it or not sure how it wasn't there.. so I'll just chalk it up to my lack of attention-span.

............moving on...........
-Sorry it's not hockey time yet, they are still talking about the Olympics- I'm actually getting pretty excited for the summer Games. And they used such great music to introduce it- Jurrasic Park and then Robin Hood. :) Niiice.

Oh please don't talk about the Vancouver games. It's too painful. :(

..it's snowing again. Ha. Welcome to my life.

ooooh they're showing a documentary about the '72 Summit Series? SWEET! I've read about it but this looks awesome.

Speaking of reading and Soviet Russia (where Book reads YOU!), I'm reading this really awesome book called "From Behind the Red" by Tod Hartje- the first American to play a hockey season in Soviet Russia. So far it's pretty cool.

Great SUBWAY commercial, Phelps! I liked it. :) Eat Fresh!

-----now we have hockey- warmups time---- gosh I don't like these teams!----
I'm more or less ignoring the warmup chatter. But I gotta say how much i LOVE hearing Darren Pang! He is my favorite announcer of all time- I want to be like him when I grow up!

What's up with the funky old golaie pads that Biron and Bryzgalov are wearing? And HELLOOOO Mr. Lundqvist- yeesh he's pretty.

This pond hockey thing looks SO FUN! (and colder than cold)Love the MsConducts "fishnet" hockey socks. Awww getting all teary again about the G-Men. (gosh, settle down)

Ok Bryz seems pretty hilarious. Kinda wish I had HBO so I could watch 24/7 but alas..

LOLZ Milbury just said "BlueSHITS" on air! LMAO

In their Winter Classic montage- why did they show 2011 before 2010? Sid v. Ovie is more important than Philly v. Boston? RUDE.

Psh.. 40 degrees these guys are lucky! It was way colder than that for the Chicago game and worse for the Buffalo one!

Almost game time! Teams are taking the ice. Interesting music..

This is a good rivalry game but again, I dislike giving it to teams that have already played over teams who haven't had a turn yet!

I like the nod to the "roots" of the game by singing "Oh Canada" at a game between 2 American teams. Just like we do in Buffalo! (It's actually weird for me to go hockey games when they *don't* sing Oh Canada)

And then I wonder- do I have to stand with my hand over my heart for the "Star-Spangled Banner" when I'm home? Never sure what the proper protocol is here.

.....Interesting rendition of the "Star-Spangled Banner", and mad *drool* over the F-18s! YAY AIRPLANES!

Goodness I don't know about playing Puck Daddy's drinking game,I'd probably already be drunk! Should I try it? I have some wine and some beer here.

WOW great block by Henrik! (he's pretty so I can cheer for him)

I guess if I was FORCED to choose, I'd go for the Rangers. They have fewer players that I absolutely can't stand.

I totally forgot Danny Briere played for the Flyers. Gross.

Hopefully the weather that arrives will be snow rather than rain- rain at the winter classic is just wrong! (PITT!)

WOWZERs another solid stop by king H. That was pretty redic. Good job keeping that little punk Giroux from scoring! I don't like that guy!

I love how the players have to walk to the lockerrooms. :) Hockey in Baseball stadiums is totally cool!

I also love watching goalies walk in all their gear. For some reason it's very entertaining to me.

Awww Bill Clement! I love him even though he was a Flyer one day. That's okay to me he's just a kickin announcer. :)

Even not being a Flyers fan (furthest thing from it), the Alumni into is pretty cool!

WOW they mentioned Paul Gastad before Crosby OR Ovechkin (re: old Classics)! GO GOOOOOOOSE! :)


mmm Winter Classic hot chocolate! I still have my cup from the Chicago game, it was a really cool travel mug. :)

I always expect a guy with a cool name like James Van Riemsdyk to be attractive, but he's just..... not.

I'm doing some serious multi-tasking here: watching the game, blogging, checking facebook, tweeting, texting, drinking, eating and of course spending a little time writing about Gerbs on my livejoural (I'll spare you guys). Phew. This is tiring.

And then my brother called! Add to the multi-tasking!
EWW the Flyers scored, I may have to chug my beer!
EWW they scored again, DEF have to chug it. (so I did)
Then the Rangers scored. I cheered. What is wrong with me?? LOL

3rd beer in!

"how long as Lilija been a Flyer? he used to be a... what do you call those bloody people?"
"Red Wing?"
Yeah, Red Wing! (Love chatting with my sis during the game!)

Who are these guys playing in the intermission? The Roots? Eh.. not impressed. Then again, I was on the phone so I was only sorta appreciating it.

I'm glad it's snowing. Seems appropriate!

YAY SUBWAY ad placement! :) Eat Fresh!

3rd period is underway. What will it bring? Do I have to call my sis and bro again to have some goals scored? (no one scored till they called me and then there were 3 goals while we were chatting!)

*I might be a little drunk. Halfway through my 3rd beer in the last 2 hours. I'm a lightweight!*

Mike Rupp is the king of clutch goals- remember the 2 he scored for NJ to win it in game 7 back in 2003? I DO!!!!! Cleveland boy for the win!

Rupp did it again!!!! I love that guy. :) (back to the NJD days...)

HOLY WHOA it's 3-2 Rangers. Never thought I'd be cheering for the Rangers EVER but I'm kind digging it. I know I hate them LESS than the Flyers, at least on an individual level.

And with that last overhead shot, I've finished my 3rd beer. Yeesh I know I'm a lightweight but I haven't had 4 beers in a night since.. I don't remember when- maybe last new year- I had several beers and a bottle of arbor mist and it was an awesome drunken moment.

Crap, Laviolette called a timeout- that's 2 drinks. I need another beer!

Holywhoa... Briere for the penalty shot! ?

SAVE! In your eye, Danny boy! When you left Buffalo, you were dead to me. I am happy you missed it.

Time for more chex mix. Then maybe some dinner, if I can manage it.

Wow never thought I'd be happy to see the Rangers win a game! IthinkI need to drink nmore! (as you can see, I can't type) LOLZ I'm leaving it.

Oh no, a final aerial shot (takes a drink)

Wow, really, no post-game?

Okay I'm out. Peaceeeee homies. This was fun.

No comments: