Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Can you smell the hockey?

It's almost hockey time. The leaves are starting to change, the air is cooler.. football is happening (who cares? not this kid.) and all of that means that hockey is just around the corner! YAY!!!!

As usual, I won't be attending Puck Drop. Not because I don't want to- believe me- I DO- but I always end up having something else to do that day. This year I think it's going to be parking cars at my brother-in-law's building in Palmyra for Canal Days or something of the sort. Whatev. I'm sure y'all will provide me with all the scoop on how fat Royzie got over the offseason and how snarky Drew Stafford was on twitter about the rookies, and how tall Tyler Myers still is, and how sad Thomas Vanek looks when he misses shots. I will happily read all the hockey chatter on the interwebs and re-live it through my fellow bloggers. :)

In preparation for the coming season, I wandered over to BlackhawksTV last night to hunt down Sharpie's summer visit with The Cup and was not disappointed. :) Yes, I still have my stupid dirty love for the 'Hawks and the Sharpster. (though with the trading of Adam Burish, my trifecta of hotness (never really went into that one- a different post for a different day) is now a duo- just Sharpie and Seabs.) Does this mean Sharpie is going to make videos with Seabrook full-time now? Questions, questions. I will always love you, Adam Burish, even if you now play for the stinky Stars.

I'm so sad though- my brother-in-law has season tickets again. I often get to use these tickets, as he is quite often busy and he knows I love hockey. It's a pretty sweet deal. I take one of my nephews when I can, and have also brought several friends along. I was super excited to see that our 2nd home game was against the Blackhawks. I don't remember if I wrote about it here, but I did not see last year's 'Hawks game- though it was on the BEST. WEEK. EVER (sharing with the Caps and Devils, 2 games I did attend. I think the Caps game was the best I saw from the Sabres last year. The Devils was among the worst but it was Marty's record-tying 103rd shutout so that was sweet.I digress.) The Blackhawks tickets had already been given to another, plus we had this ridiculous snow-storm and were pretty much buried in our valley here that night, so I watched it on tv instead of the 2nd row seats. I did get to drool over Sharpie in person in Columbus in February but it wasn't the same.

So... I was all ready to go this year. But someone else has a claim on the tickets already, which would be fine except I really want to see them and I will miss seeing Sharpie again this year. Boo. :( I really shouldn't complain, I will get to see many more games up close and personal, and I'm not really complaining, just lamenting. I shall watch from home. But I AM swiping the Canucks tickets so I can shamelessly drool over Ryan Kesler all night. :) That's right- I HAVE NO SHAME.

It feels good to be talking about hockey again, even if it's silliness. Not that I ever really stop, but hockey is about to matter again. That is really exciting!

No comments: