Sunday, June 20, 2010

somebody explain it cuz I can't seem to

What IS is about those Blackhawks? I still get weepy when I see them with the Stanley Cup. It doesn't make sense- they're not even "MY" team! They are one of my teams, and quite an enjoyable bunch of fellas, but they aren't my #1 dudes so WHY do I care so much? Why is it so touching? I never felt this way about the Wings or the Devils and they've won it several times.. I dig them and I got excited when they won, but it didn't make me CRY (multiple times). Maybe I'm just messed up. Who knows.. it's pretty cool though.

this video is Sharp, Toews, Kane and Keith singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". Totally worth a watch.

Also, this and this are really great stuff. I love how the Blackhawks have worked with the Cubs and the WhiteSox (and I think they have done things with the Bears too) to co-market their athletes. The baseball players seem to think it's really neat to meet the hockey players. :)

I'm tellin ya'll- the Blackhawks PR peeps need a serious raise. They are geniuses.

No comments: