Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What do you think?

I am going to apply for this job with the Chicago Wolves (AHL):
The Chicago Wolves are seeking an intern, preferably with a journalism and/or media relations background, to assist in all facets of the team’s media relations endeavors. This individual will work ALL regular-season road games and various home game dates as necessary, as well as assist with daily operations in the business office. Duties include writing and editing game stories on deadline, calling local media during and after games with score updates and assisting in the production of game-day materials. This is a full-time, paid internship.

Requirements:
Journalism experience and knowledge of AP Style – strong writing skills are a must.
Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Quark is preferable but not required.
Must provide own transportation - work will be conducted at the business office in Glenview, the practice facility in Hoffman Estates and the Allstate Arena in Rosemont.
Knowledge of the sport of hockey is a plus.
Must have a college diploma or be currently enrolled in an accredited university.


It calls itself an intership, but it is PAID and full-time and they even are asking for ppl with college Degrees- not just students! I have to at least try. if it gets that far, then I'll see what their terms are and whether or not it makes sense. It would be a fun job! :)

I have my stuff all ready to go, will be faxing it (no e-mails or phone calls please) tomorrow when I go to the office. Word.

2 comments:

dani said...

That's great! I always look at the NHL careers. I don't know why, I know I'll never do it, but it's still fun. You definitely seem to have the experience hockey wise.

I'd say "I've been a Sabre fan my whole life, and um, I blog?"

Good luck!

S.A.M. said...

haha thanks dear. I have worked for 2 minor league hockey teams in the past, so I get it.

But who knows? I had to at least apply. faxed it in today. *crosses fingers*