Thursday, July 17, 2008

little bit o'this and that

We have SABRENEWS! :) Yesterday the blue and gold re-signed Danny Paille to a 2-year contract. Well done, fellas, well done. :) I like Mr. Pie-YAY and I'm happy that he'll be back. He was one of the few bright spots in a rather dismal second half last season. and it seemed like the worse everybody else was, the better he responded. And he's still quite young so he should only get better. YAY!

AND the nhl released the schedule for the upcoming season today. The Sabres open on October 10 against the Canadiens. Oooh I want to go- not like that will happen but maybe somebody will come with me to the Party in the Plaza?!

Also, HeatherB pointed out this little challenge going on at sportsquee- name your Top 10 Squee-worthy NHL-ers. Here's the lowdown- To promote and further the intellectual discourse concerning hot bitches in the NHL, in response to this post by SportSquee's favorite 25 year-old Hawaiian organ donor, McBloggin himself, Greg Wyshynski, we asked our faithful readers to submit their personal list of Top Ten Hottest Hockey Players for public consumption and possible humiliation. The rules are that the players are on regular NHL duty, and a reason is given for why the number one is the number one. * I have a small disclaimer for my list. My numero uno for all time is Pavel Bure. No other hockey player can even compare. Sadly, he is not an active player, as he was forced to retire (at the ripe old age of 34) 3 years ago due to re-curring injuries. He still holds the #1 spot in goal scoring, looks, skill and anything else that anyone could judge a hockey player on (goalies are the exception) but as he is ineligible for this list, I will have to be brave and move on. I will do my best.*

So here is my list. (with explanations)
1. Derek Roy- (BUFFALO) Yes, I know- how cliche', a Sabres fan thinking Derek Roy is hot. Well, sorry, he IS! LOL He's a total pretty-boy.. but he's not always a pretty boy. He can get down and dirty when he wants to (I'm talking on the ice, people, get your minds out of the gutter!!) He's turning into a real goal scorer, but is getting better defensively as well so he's a pretty great player. ANd he just makes me swoon. He's got that animal magnetism or something. I dunno but I'd jump his bones.

2. Ray Whitney-(CAROLINA) He is older than me! Big points there. He just has that clean-cut hotness about him that is undeniable. ANd he seems like a decent human being from what I've read. I've liked him since he played in Florida with Bure and was actually happy that he (and Brett Hedican) won the Cup, even if it was for Carolina. I briefly met Ray at a pre-season game back in 2000, and he was really cool. And smokin hot.

3. Chris Osgood- (DETROIT) Ahh, I have liked Osgood for many a year. He still has his boyish good looks of when he first joined the league back in 1994! He's a great (underrated) goalie and even if he's more 'cute' than HOT, he still makes the cut because I love him.

4. Jarome Iglina (CALGARY)- Jarome has the most beautiful skin I've ever seen. ANd his smile lights up the world. He's beautiful and also seems like a genuine and decent human being. That's always worth big points with me!

5. Henrik Zetterberg- (DETROIT) Oh Z. he's got it all- the scoring touch, the big body that he's not afraid to throw around, the sexy accent, long hair, short hair,- the sexiest playoff beard I've seen in ages- oh and a Stanley CUp and Conn Smythe trophy too. Damn, sign me up! And he's got that gap-toothed smile which only adds to the rough-and touble appearance with the beard and the hair and it makes me melt.

6. Antoine Vermette (OTTAWA) He's pretty much the only good thing about the Sens. This man is gorgeous. He's got those dark good looks and if you ever wondered what he wears under the jersey- Wonder No more. Along with that photo is a really sweet article which proves that he is a really great person too. Aww.

7. Rusty Klesla- (COLUMBUS) I've also met Rusty, a few years back in Columbus for a 4th of July parade the blue jackets were doing. (I met Rick Nash too, before he ever played a game) Rusty was being coy and pretending he didn't understand English- when it suited his purposes (like when they ttold the guys to stop throwing candy LOL) anyway he's got an adorable smile and gorgeous eyes.

8. Willie Mitchell- (VANCOUVER) I know zip about this guy (that's what happens when you never play anyone in the west!) but he is SMOKIN and that is enough. He's just pretty. (I have heard that he's a good player, but that isn't really the issue here, is it? LOL)

9. David Clarkson- (NEW JERSEY)- I don't know much about Clarkson either, except that he plays for the Devils (big points there!) and that he's teh hotness. He was pointed out to me during the All-Star festivities by the folks at IPB and they were right- he's quite lovely and that's all you really need to know. He seems to be a bit of a badass, always a good quality as well.

10. Jose Theodore (COLORADO)- Ew, I hate the Avs but I like Jose. He's got lovely hair and extremely intense eyes. He looks creepyhot behind the goalie mask and GQhot in a suit and tie. I like it all.

BONUS: Hottest Minor Leaguers-
I've met (and gotten to know) quite a few minor league hockey players so I'll include a special segment for the AHL and ECHL just for fun.

Hottest Man in the AHL- Tyler Sloan (HERSHEY) *look him up* Sloaner has really pretty blue eyes, a great smile and an amazing accent (he's from Calgary) He's tall and broad-shouldered and looks really good in a pair of dress slacks, I must say. ;) He also wears glasses sometimes, which is HOT! Oh and he's a really nice guy.

Hottest Man in the ECHL- Travis Rycroft (UTAH) You've already seen pictures of him so you know I'm not making it up. He's dreamy. And Oh.MY.GOSH I saw him one day wearing nothing but tight tight tight hockey underwear and then he wanted to have a conversation with me and I was like guh..uh.. right. If you catch my drift. It was pretty fine. He's great. Just an all around great (and damn great looking) guy.

So there you have it.

And today's shoutout- *it's kind of a sporadic thing I guess* goes to Pentiction, BC- (which is the home of Travis Rycroft) Since Rykes gets more searches than even Derek Roy and Derek Roy girlfriend, and the visitors from Pentiction spend more time than anyone else (avg of 8 mintues per visit) on the site, they deserve some recognition. So hello, way over there! ;)

And I think that about wraps it up. For now.

No comments: