Wednesday, November 17, 2010

show and tell

A few things to share tonight-

Hellooooo Ryan Kesler. I'm down with that.

and our little Roy boy is growing up. . Nice article, Jerry Sullivan. :) I really liked this quote: ""I want to be an elite player in this league," Roy said. "I don't want to cruise through my career and just get 60, 70 points or whatever. I think that's a part of being a human being and growing up. Whatever you do in life, you want to be skilled at it. You want to be the best. I'm trying to approach it that way every day."

Let's hope he continues this growing up process. 21 pts in 20 games is not a bad way to start. Good on ya, Royzie. :)

I have some rambling memory and nostalgia-inducing thoughts from last night's game, but they aren't quite in coherent form yet. Expect that braindump post soonish (if anyone still reads this drivel).

The game last night was a superbly awesome time. The action was good, the crowd was fun, OT was out of this world.. just a fantastic night all around. I was really stressed before the game because I have a lot going on right now and I felt bad to be taking the time to go.. yet this game was on my radar since July, when the schedule came out- and I really felt like I *needed* to go. I'm so glad I did. It brought up a lot of emotions (back to that not-yet-written post) and was just a heck of a game. Besides, I like going to Sabres games. Hockey has always felt like 'home', and I've been missing it a lot lately. It's never too late to go home, and last night was a much-needed reminder of that.

Now I'm getting rambly (which isn't technically a word, but you know what I mean, right?) and that means it's time for bed. G'night friends!

No comments: