Sunday, November 14, 2010

Derek Rooooooyyyy

I feel that I should give Royzie some love here. He's been the only consistent Sabre on the roster this year, and with 19pts (8 goals) in 18 games, not only is he heads and tails above the rest of his team (ya bunch of slackers), but he is 8th in League scoring. Sounds good to me.

Perhaps, more importantly, he has played hard all season, something that cannot be said for all members of the Sabres. I LIKE that. That is why I started to like Derek Roy in the first place. I remember when he was first getting call-ups from Rochester back in 2003-04.. I vividly remember driving home one night after working a Niagara game and hearing RJ go on about how solid and tough and scrappy this kid was. And I liked him instantly. Then he started playing for the Sabres full-time and got a little lazy and people started hatin on him but I knew he could still be sweet- when he wanted to..

Yeah yeah you've heard it all here before. I just wanted to re-iterate that I have loved Royzie for a long time now and I never really gave up on him. I may have kicked him out a few times and threatened to change the locks on him, and occasionally cheat on him with Patrick Sharp or Steve Montador, but when the day is done, he's still my boy.

So I say, good on ya, Royzie. Keep it up, boyo. The Sabres NEED you and I like the fact that the player that I like most is playing like we all know he can. :) And if the rest of those hosers can get on it, we'd be in better shape.

Yup. That's all I've got. I haven't actually watched a Sabres game since..... October 16 I think. That's kind of pathetic but life has been on fast-forward for a while now. I'm GOING to the game tomorrow- (I have a few reasons to be excited about this, not the least of which is Mr. Ryan Kesler) and the simple fact that I will be able to watch hockey is brilliant all on its own. YAY!

No comments: