Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hello Again

Hi, I'm Sam and this is my hockey blog. Somehow I've only posted 12 times this year. I'm such a slacker.

It's not that I don't care about hockey- I still do, but I was so busy with real world things (which, sadly, didn't involve hockey much) that I wasn't able to watch many games or document them. I want to change this and get back to writing.

But wait, there might not even be a season this year. Those greedy bastards. I can't even begin to express my anger and frustration.. but maybe I'll get something coherent put together. See, I've read about the last lockout, and the one in '94 and why the players' union even exists in the first place. (required reading for a class I took.) I still have the books. It's all about money and power and politics. And the losers in the fiasco are the fans, who spend countless hours and dollars on their favorite teams only to be let down and thrown to the side when the owners and players wish to quibble over millions of dollars.

If there's a lockout this year, don't expect fans to come rushing back. This league can't handle another work stoppage. The last one nearly did them in (and it was a HORRIBLE time for a hockey fan. I think I literally suffered from depression that year) and another one would be doom for many markets.

There's more to say but I have to put it together better. Stay tuned..

And possibly I'll get my act together and post some of my hockey songs.. I've got a a few in the works. :)

No comments: