Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm baaaaaaack!

It seems appropriate to post randomly after saying nothing through all the playoffs and then post when it's done.

My life has been busy lately but I did tune in for game 6... which was the last game.. and I have a few thoughts:

-egads the Stanley Cup makes me cry. Even when it's not my team. There's just something heartwarming and amazing about watching grown men skate around like little kids, realizing the dream they have had since they were little kids. I love it.

-Similarly, the handshake line at the end of a series is one of the best things about hockey. It gets me every time.

-The Kings truly had an incredible run and earned the win. They came alive in the last month or so of the season and kept it up all through the playoffs. Can't take anything away from that.

-Likewise, the Devils played some great hockey to get to the finals, then pushed it an extra 2 games that many people thought they wouldn't get to- so props to them!

-Marty Brodeur is still the man. :)

My sister just said something about wanting to go to the Hockey Hall of Fame again.. I think it might be a good idea. I want to see The Cup in person again! (I need to take a pic of Patrick Sharp's name on it!)

--------------------------------------

-Is it October yet?


No comments: