Saturday, September 24, 2011

cheating

I'm really no longer a one-Sabre gal. This is a difficult admission for me, because ever since I've actively been following the Sabres (2006 playoffs was when it really happened, which was funny because I wasn't living in Buffalo at the time), it's always been about Derek Roy. I enjoy several other fellas- Goose, Pommers, Montador, etc, but when it came to a favorite- a #1 without a doubt one true Sabre- it was Roy. It's always been Roy.

But now, he officially has some competition. I think Royzie still wins- I had a lengthy (and pointless) debate with myself about getting a new Sabres jersey and whose name should be on it- and finally decided on Roy but then couldn't get out on Monday to buy it.

But his competition- and this won't surprise too many of you- is Nathan Gerbe.

Really though, what's not to like? Gerbe is all over the place when he plays- he's hitting and making plays and speeding to the front of the net. He doesn't back down from anyone and he works hard every night. He's like the little engine that could. Oh yeah, and he's 5'6. Hehe I love it. I don't have a thing for short guys, per se, but I'm only 5'3 so it's not like it takes much to be taller than me, so it works. (and interestingly enough, the last few guys I've dated have all been like 5'9 or shorter so maybe there's something to that..)

So the point of all this is to say Royzie is still my main man, my #1, but Gerbe is a very close 2nd.. like 1A. And if his preseason play is any indication, this is going to be a GREAT year for him, and for us who get to watch him. :)

Let's Go Buffalo!

No comments: