Monday, February 14, 2011

I have to say this now

I won't be here for the trade deadline- I'll be in New Zealand and may or may not have internet access (and probably won't care about NHL trades anyway) so I want to say this..

Please, for the love of anything, find some poor sucker to take Tim Connolly off our hands. Trade him for a 2057 draft pick, a bag of used pucks, a practice net, a set of water bottles with holes in them- I don't care, but please, come March 1, can be not be a Sabre anymore?

And also, SELL Staffy while he is hot. But sell him to a team far, far away like the Ducks or Sharks or Avs- so we don't have to play him 2893739857 times a year. Thanks. He is great at the moment, but I am sure that the shine will fade. I have realized that Stafford is a Sergei Fedorov-esque player in that he thrives when he is "the man", or when other teammates aren't playing as well. He likes the spotlight and if he doesn't have to share, then he's gold. If he does have to share, things get a little dicey and he vanishes.

Just my thoughts- but he is playing extremely well right now- so sell sell sell- his stock has never been higher, but Sabres, don't get sucked into his little game and find yourselves being backed into a corner this summer about his contract. HE IS NOT WORTH IT.

/fin

No comments: