Saturday, February 6, 2010

I don't want to talk about it

The Sabres were strugglin again tonight- off and on, as usual. What is with those guys? Why is it so hard to remember that hockey games are 60 minutes?

Lets talk about something other than the mess that was the game.

-How about that crazy snow in DC, etc? Madness. Of course we're used to snow that falls in feet rather than inches, but still..

-Ray Whitney winked at the girls in front of me at the game tonight. It was quite amusing.. they were all a bit drunk and were being silly and dancing and whatever.. so he just played right along. I have to say that I wouldn't mind if he winked at me. ;) I met him once, several years ago- very nice dude. And quite foxy. But funnier than him winking and smiling at them was him going over to TimmyC at the faceoff and sharing the news. Timmy knows allll about it, I'm sure.

-Kovy to the Devils? Didn't see that coming but it's working so far. They sure can use some offence..

-Who do you want to win the Superbowl? Do you even care? I don't much care. I guess I'll go with the Saints because they've never won and it would make most of my fam VERY happy if they did. Plus I had this hilarious dream last week about my grandma being on the jumbotron dancing at a Saints game so it seems appropriate. The Saints also won the Superbowl in that dream. You heard it here first folks.

-On a more serious note, I heard tonight that Leafs GM Brian Burke lost his son Brendan in a car accident today. That is terrible, sad news and my heart and prayers go out to the Burke family. :( We may not like the Leaves as a team but hockey is just game and no one deserves tragedy in their lives!

-Also, get well soon, Robi! We miss ya!

And now it's off to bed to try and pretend we didn't just lose to the Eastern conference doormats. On to Columbus tomorrow.. go Sabres!

No comments: