Saturday, October 31, 2009

this kid is too cute

So.. i was at the Pepsi center on Thursday, as per usual, to take my 3-yr old nephew skating.

And who should we see when we exited the rink but Tyler Myers, Mike Grier and Tim Kennedy!

Benjamin (my nephew) was fascinated- he LOVES any sort of "hockey guys", and just stared at them. It was cute. He said "Sam, who are those hockey guys?" and I told him they were Sabres. He just kept looking. Hahaha. Then we took off our skates, and I saw Royzie wander by. We had some time, so I told Benj that we could stay and watch the Sabres skate for a few mins.

So we go into the rink where they were skating, and they wander out.. I point out who is who and he is wide-eyed and loving every minute of it. I noticed that Goose wasn't on the ice, and I mentioned it to Benjamin. He loves Gaustad- probably has to do with the Goose name- he always calls him "Paul Gaustad Goose" like it's all part of his name, LOL.

So he wants to know where Goose is.. and I say that I don't know. I tell him that maybe Goose wasn't feeling well- he can relate, having just had a bout with the flu himself and telling us that he "wasn't feeling very well" for a few days. Then Benj tells me that that wasn't it, but rather Paul Gaustad Goose wasn't playing hockey
"Because he didn't do his schoolwork."

That cracked me up all day.. I'm pretty sure that wasn't why Goose was absent, but it was way too cute for me. The kid knows- hockey is fun, and you can't have fun if you didn't get your work done. LOL
Of course we know that Goosie IS sick. :( Hope he's up and at 'em soon!

I didn't see or hear tonight's game (I'm in Ohio) and it seems that I didn't miss much. All I have to say is OUCH!

Oh wait, I do have something to say- HOW DOES ROYZIE STILLLLLL not HAVE ANY GOALS? Get on it, my man!

3 comments:

Anne said...

That's adorable. I'm sure Paul Gaustad Goose ALWAYS does his homework. He probably spends lots of time helping Pommer remember to cross his "t"s and indent his paragraphs.

Caroline said...

Aww that is too adorable. Gotta love little kids!

S.A.M. said...

Hahah yeah, Anne, I told him that Paul Gaustad Goose was probably sick but he would have none of it. I guess he figures you can never be too sick to play! ;)

Caroline, I do love little kids, especially hockey-loving little kids. (and I will take all the credit for the hockey part in this case.. LOL)